Are you an AUT student nearing graduation? Are you looking for a Cooperative Education role that is challenging, rewarding and exciting? Then consider an internship at The Warehouse Group! We pride ourselves on being a customer-led, frontline-focused and people-centred business.
Five reasons you should consider a placement with us:
1) The Warehouse Group is made up of New Zealand’s most iconic and leading retail brands including The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery, Noel Leeming and Torpedo7. For us, retail is more than just a job, but rather a career with immense opportunity. We do everything we can to support our team across our brands to build successful careers and are actively working to change the way people think about working in retail.
2) TWG has supported the AUT Co-operative Education programme for over six years hosting over 130 students. We are the second largest AUT Co-Op partner in New Zealand and are passionate about giving students a taste of what it’s like to be part of an iconic leading kiwi business.
3) You could be working in a range of disciplines to suit your studies including Marketing, Finance, Customer Insights and People Support (HR), Merchandise Buying and Store Operations. You will be doing work that adds real value to the business and utilizing your knowledge and skills in a tangible work environment. There are so many opportunities at TWG as we are a cross-brand company!
4) Placements are based at TWG Store Support Office in Northcote where we have over 1,300 people, 4 brands, an onsite cafe and free parking. Check out our video below to see what working at TWG is like:
5) We offer:
• A full induction
• Practical work experience
• Weekly meetings with your supervisor
• Networking with other Interns at TWG
• Personal branding & Recruitment training
• And much more!
The AUT Co-Operative Education Programme directly aligns with our strategic goal of positioning retail as an attractive career and also our vision of building a 100 year company and helping New Zealand to flourish. At TWG we embrace our uniquely Kiwi culture: relaxed, down-to-earth and passionate. We work hard but play hard within a friendly and supportive family-like environment.
Check out what former AUT Co-Op students have to say about completing an internship at TWG:
Gabrielle Wymer – Assistant Planner (Kids Footwear)
“Some of the most valuable experience I gained during my placement was not just putting theories into practice but also learning how to interact in the work environment and be part of a team. I found this is a skill that can’t be learnt from a textbook but one which can only be done in practice.”
Will Costello – Marketing Communication Specialist
“The Warehouse gave me an in-depth understanding of how to manage stakeholders, develop my project management skills and provide me with a level of flexibility that I may not have been able to acquire from a smaller company.”
So what are you waiting for? This is your chance to gain experience and work with an iconic New Zealand company. You will get practical hands-on experience of what it’s like to work in a fast paced environment working alongside a variety of departments and will be able to put your studies into meaningful practice.
*Please note that is an unpaid work experience.