1. Get to know the team in the café, they will remember your coffee and make it for you quicker
Have you ever noticed the guy behind you in the café line who doesn’t have to place his coffee order and the barista knows him by name? This guy’s got it sorted! If you rely on a coffee fix to kick start your morning in the office, get to know the crew in the café, and they’ll be putting your order through before you’ve even swiped your card!
2. Park in the same car park every day, or as near to it as you can
The Warehouse Store Support Office provides heaps of free parking for their team. Make sure you find a spot and stick to it, this way you won’t forget where you’ve parked and have to walk around the car park looking for your car.
3. Attend the monthly ‘Red Radar’ team meeting – not only are they fun and informative, but they give away chocolate and prizes
Business updates don’t have to be a drag, and here at The Warehouse Store Support Office, they know how to keep them interesting. Keeping up to date with what’s going on in the business is important, but even better with a side of free chocolate! You may even walk away with a prize if you can answer a question in the pop quiz.
4. Embrace the ‘way of working’ tools – they will help you get things done easier
The Warehouse uses the ‘Way of Working’ tools to ensure everyone works more effectively and efficiently as a business. Embracing the tools is an excellent way to keep everyone communicating and working together as a team. My fav is the post-it note brainstorm.
5. Use the app that tells you whether a meeting room is free or not, its gold!
The Warehouse Store Support Office team members can choose from over 50 meeting rooms to book. Whether you have a meeting, workshop or just want a quick catch up. Use The Warehouse meeting room booking app to find a room, check its availability and book. Too easy!
6. #retailcareers – it’s our hashtag
Here at The Warehouse we love to be digital and share our knowledge and experiences with others. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook – hop on and share what it’s like to work at The Warehouse. Don’t forget #retailcareers
7. Walk or run around Tuff Crater next door – be one with nature.
Need a break from sitting at your desk? Grab a friend and walk over to Tuff Crater to stretch your legs, get some fresh air and enjoy the view!
8. Trust the communal fridges – no one will steal your lunch!
There a multiple kitchenettes located around The Warehouse Store Support Office which can be used for making hot drinks, heating up your lunch or getting your filtered H2O. Office fridges seem to have an association with lunch theft, but don’t worry, your leftover lasagne is safe here!
9. Take your own mug to the café and you get 20 cents off your coffee – we don’t like to waste, BYO your mug
This is the next step to becoming a pro café regular. Bring your own cup along with you when you buy your next coffee and the café team will knock 20 cents off. You can even support the Canteen charity by purchasing a reusable mug at the till.
10. Look out for fundraising events around the office
Here at The Warehouse Store Support Office, supporting local charities and the community is a big part of our culture. There are often fundraising bake sales, dress-up days, raffles and competitions and held throughout the office, so keep an eye out and get involved. It’s always for a good cause and a great way to have fun with your colleagues.